Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Boys 2 Men

It was the end of another semester, Angad's birthday and also probably the last time the Boston boys would hang out together in Boston. So this called for a triple-header celebration. Also I wanted to forget all about the exam in the morning on that day, where I stared blankly at the paper for half of the scheduled time. The plan was made, and I, having been quite sarcastically termed as the 'classy one', suggested we go to a nice, 'classy', wine and dinner place. So we ended up at this place called Troquet, a french restaurant. The moment we entered, we knew we were at the wrong place, with the wrong dress-code. But we thought it would be interesting and fun.

Waitress: Yes sirs (looking at us disapprovingly), can I help you?
Navin: Yeah (trying to be as 'american' as possible), we need a table for three.
Waitress: Ohh! sure, and would you want to sit in the main dining room upstairs?
Navin: Yeah, we would love that, thanks.

So we sit at a table, and there is a huge power meeting going on in the room, with people in suits and ties discussing about wines and vineyards in Europe! The waiter then gives us a menu card, which is just a single page! We are staring at the menu for some time before the waiter, maybe out of sympathy, walks to us and asks us if we have any questions about their menu. We were embarrassed and finally order our wines by the number on the menu card (we had no idea how to pronounce those french names.) Angad and I ordered a red Italian wine ( Milan was in the finals of the UCL :)), but Navin ordered a white classy wine. We then asked the waiter to bring us the food menu, and to our bourgeois amusement, we found out that the food was in the same menu. We just couldn't tell the difference between the wine names and the entree names. So swallowing our pride, whatever little was left of it, we ordered some exotic dishes. I ordered the Ricotta Cavatelli and these guys ordered a lobster dish which I don't exactly remember. My dish was looking good, but Navin and Angad had ordered something truly extraordinary, you couldn't tell what was supposed to be eaten and what was not. But trust Navin to finish everything off in a jiffy. We then ordered a coffee because we thought that was what people (French?) did after having wine and dinner. We then left a hefty tip, just to convince ourselves that they wouldn't laugh at us once we left the restaurant. We then went to a really neat place called Four Seasons for desserts. After having desserts, Navin and I suggested that we go back, we were feeling too lazy to go pubbing. But Angad insisted that we go for bowling, so we took a cab to Jillians. It wasn't very crowded as it was a Thursday night, but we still had to wait 45 minutes for our bowling turn.

As there was a lot of time for our bowling turn, Angad and Navin went outside to call their respective girlfriends, and I was left alone :(. I was feeling super lazy and was watching the game on the big screen when a super hot girl sits on the couch next to me.

Super Hot Girl: Hi, I am Gr@#$ (no idea what she said), who are you here with?
Raghu (Shocked): (wtf is such a hot girl doing talking to me?) Hi, I am here with a couple of friends, they are on the telephone outside.
Super Hot Girl: What is your name?
Raghu: (fuck, I can hear my own heartbeat) Raghu (why the fuck am i sweating so much) (smile)

Then she introduces me to her friends, "This is Raghu".
Raghu: (wtf is going on?) Hi, nice to meet you..(smile)

Then a friend of hers takes out a camera and this girl really cuddles upto me and says "smile". I barely manage an indifferent smile as I am sweating my ass off, still able to hear my own heartbeat. She clicks a couple of pictures, and then she goes back to her place on the couch in front of us. Then there is the awkward silence between me and the super hot girl. She is still sitting adjacent to me, sipping on her drink. I have no idea what to say to her, and she was waiting for me to say something or ask something. So I dig deep into my brain and come up with "Sorry, i didn't get your name". At this, she looks at me and smiles and says "Now you have offended me, I'll have to join my friends then." She then gets up, and walks to her friends and sits on the couch opposite to mine, still smiling at me. I have no clue whats going on. Just then Angad comes back, and I say to him "Dude, I think I have been pleasantly abused". I have no idea what the girl was trying to do, maybe she had a bet with her friends or something. But it just shows why I am still single :P.

Anyways, our bowling turn came, and I beat the crap out of Navin and Angad in the first game. In the second game, I got drunk and let Angad win, as it was his birthday. :P. We left the place around 2 and walked back to our houses, me still wondering, why the fuck I am the way I am.








7 comments:

Angad said...

It took a Black MAC, A SHG and the cool "blogging" bug to raise that PROFOUND question.....irony!!!!!

Raghu said...

being a mat sci guy, iron(y) is a part of me :P

Unknown said...

You abused the literary license to use "fuck" so many times.

Quest said...

i need to be updated with the latest equations of our group !!
Navin u better let me know :D
Thanks Raghu :D

Amit Singh said...

Grow up Raghu....pondyguru needs to better than that surely[;)]

khannu

Saurabh said...

really nice... there r ppl who can relate very well to this!

Anonymous said...

lol..that was refreshingly funny ..Well, dont worry .patience is a virtue